Monday, February 28

Future Plans

After I came home, the only thing I've been doing is to think about my future. I didn't really realize it before, but soon it's time for me to graduate from Junior High School and attend High School. And I don't even know which one to choose yet.

This is what I would LIKE to do:

1. After I graduate from ninth grade, I will pass the entrance exam to the english high school in a city called Esbo. There, I will also get a student-appartement which I would share with someone. (The rent is probably too high for me to pay alone) There, I'd be taking classes in english and that way practise my pronunciation and vocabulary. I think it will be easier to get into HU (Helsinki University) and study english if I have this experience.

2. After I graduate from High School, I will also pass the entrance exam to HU and there study japanese as a mainline and english. I'll probably be there for 4-6 years...

3. While studying in HU, I will learn to speak japanese so well that I'll be able to understand and have a decent conversation with other japanese people. Then, I'll be going abroad to study in Japan for half a year/a year and learn how the school system works there!

4. After I come back from Japan, I'll be taking the final exams and then I'll be done with school in Finland. I'll probably be able to talk japanese almost fluently so it won't be a problem to move to Japan ^^

5. When I'm accually in Japan, there's a lot I could do.
a) further studies to become something - like a teacher/interpreter or translater (do you need an education for the last one?)
b) Begin to work as a translator and translate mangas ;)
c) Take some part time jobs and save some money so that I could do exactly what I want! :D

So that's basically my "wan't to happen"-plan ;) I need a little help along the way, though. Like a roommate in both Esbo and Helsinki when I go to study there, and preferably someone who comes with me to Japan as well ;) The last one isn't something I'm actually counting on, though. Also someone who comes with me to study abroad in Japan during that half year/year (I don't think I'd dare to do it alone -.-')

This is HU! (Helsinki University)
Maybe I'll be studying here in about 4½ years! :) It's like a castle .. !

1 comment:

Katarina said...

Ah, I think you need an education for the translator part. But I'm not really sure~